RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONDOMINIUM UNIT-OWNER
- Compliance with all Copper Leaf and Autumn Corners covenants, by-laws and their amendments.
- Compliance with any Autumn Corners policies, rules and regulations as passed by the Board.
- In general, each unit-owner is responsible for repair and maintenance of everything within the walls of the unit and the garage except that no structural changes may be made to the unit. The unit-owner is responsible for contacting the appropriate service vendor directly to schedule the inspection, repair, change or installation and for paying the expense of these items. These are the responsibility of the unit-owner:
• All large and small appliances in the kitchen and laundry, whether electric or battery-operated and including clocks, clock/radios.
• Electrical outlets, light switches and electrical box.
• Fixtures such as sinks, tubs, showers and shower doors, showerheads, faucets, bathroom commode, bathroom mirrors and their plumbing.
• Vent fans, ceiling fans and light fixtures, including replacing light bulbs (this includes lights in the outdoor garage light fixtures)
• Smoke/fire alarm and carbon monoxide detectors, including a once-a-year battery replacement if it is not a 10-year battery life alarm and replacement of smoke alarms if over ten years old.
• Cabinets including shelves, handles, hinges.
• Doors, including sliding glass or patio doors and their handles, locks and hinges.
• Windows and window screens
• Walls, ceilings, trim and baseboards
• Floors, floor coverings, floor vent covers
• Gas fireplace logs, fireplace inserts, fireplace mantle and tile, fireplace doors and screen
• Audio/visual/telecommunications equipment including any satellite dish and mount.
• Electronic devices such as phones, computers, printers.
• Furnace, air conditioner compressor (which is outside), thermostat and water heater. This includes arranging for a yearly inspection of the furnace, checking the freon in the air conditioner and arranging for the changing of the air return filters at least once or twice a year.
• Cleaning of dryer vents
• Any extra system installed by you or a previous owner, whether inside or outside, such as sump pump, water softener, generator, security system and any plumbing or wiring associated with those systems.
• Attic steps and steps from unit into the garage.
• Garage door repair/maintenance such as the garage door, wall door opener, garage door keypad, garage door remotes.
• All plumbing, including leaks and clogs, and all wiring. Exception: The fire suppression system (inside sprinklers) are the responsibility of the Homeowners’ Association. If there are problems with this system please notify Maples Properties.
• Staining when needed, of outside deck, railing and steps